I named myself The Crafting Professor, since I'm a crafter, and I'm a college professor. I went through many, many years of graduate school, and the best source of relaxation and stress relief was being in my craft room or going to a local crop. Back then, I never told anyone that I was a full-time graduate student. I was waiting for the day I would scrapbook my graduation page. Now, I run the ScrapbookerPhD challenge blog (http://scrapbookerphd.blogspot.com), and am bringing my passion for crafting and teaching together. But here, at The Crafting Professor, I'm just sharing my work with like-minded crafters from all over the world.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Make it Now or Make it Later



It's time to share a project for Exploring Cricut and More. This time, I decided to check out the Cricut Explore function of Make it Now. I scrolled through the "card" options, and I found the base of this card. It's a honeycomb card with bee die cuts in three layers each on a simple circle base card. Why a bee card? It's summer time!!! The bees are out to play! Last weekend, we were surrounded by all sorts of flying things - and some bite marks to prove it. Yikes. It still itches. 

Every time I hit "make it now" the screen zoomed from the design space to the cutting layers. I barely had a chance to figure out my own color scheme or how to add layers. Ah ha! There is great button next to the "make it now" that says, customize!!! Now the image pops up in design space, and I was able to move items, change colors, and even add layers. 





Instead of just layering yellows and whites as shown, I decided to use bark (wood) designer paper (by DCWV) as the card base so that the idea of a beehive is more realistic. Next, I decided to pop up the honeycomb layer so that there is some dimension, but now, you can still see the bark (wood). 




I opted out of using the bee die cuts, because I have these awesome bee brads. I used them instead of where the die cuts would be. On the inside of the card, I layered a black and then white circle, and I used the Cricut Explore writing function to add a sentiment. 




Challenges Entered

Crafty Creations - Things with Wings
Crafty Cardmakers - Wood
Incy Wincy Challenge - Things with Wings
Jo's Scrap Shack - In the Garden

4 comments:

  1. This is totally awesome Faith!! I love the shape, the beehive, those bee brads and that great wood paper!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bee card with it's bark background. Those little bee brads are adorable

    Thanks for joining in with our 'wooden' challenge

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card. glad you are enjoying the Explore

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super card, I love those little bees! Thanks for joining in my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More. xx

    ReplyDelete

I am so grateful that you stopped by my blog. Follow me for more exciting ideas, and leave a comment below.